Water Heater Repair in Baltimore
Over 35 Years of Service in Baltimore & Harford Counties
Water heaters are an essential component of any property’s plumbing system, allowing you to take warm showers or baths, cook, clean, and so much more. Mike’s Plumbing & Heating Service Inc. is proud to provide Baltimore and the surrounding areas with comprehensive water heater repair and maintenance for all makes of electric, gas, and tankless water heaters.
Signs Your Water Heating System Is in Need of a Repair
Even a well-maintained water heating unit will deteriorate over time. While it may be difficult to determine exactly when your water heater should receive a repair, there are a few signs every homeowner should be on the look out for.
Call a water heater repair professional if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Too little or no hot water at all – Don’t panic because it might not be the end of the road. Maybe the system isn’t getting power, or the thermostat has malfunctioned. We’ll figure it out for you in a hurry.
- Loud noises – That could mean your anode rod has broken off and the lower part that’s fallen into the tank is floating around and banging up against the tank’s interior.
- Leaking at the base – Water leaks around the bottom of the tank indicate internal tank corrosion, and that probably means your system needs to be replaced.
- Leaking from the top – A water heater leaking from the top is preferable to one leaking from the bottom. On the other hand, water runs downhill, so failure to fix the leak can lead to more serious problems, including electrical shorts, additional damage to the water heater, and the possibility of damage to drywall or other nearby surfaces.
- Hot water is tinted brown or red – This is a clear sign of internal tank corrosion where rusted metal is mingled with the hot water supply. Internal tank linings cannot be repaired or replaced.
Quality Water Heater Replacement to Fit Your Unique Situation
We don’t just swap out like for like at Mike’s Plumbing & Heating Service Inc. We listen and learn what your hot water needs are now, and what you expect them to be down the road. Only then do we recommend the right make and model of a replacement system, one with the right capacity for both now and later.
Water heaters won't last forever and will deteriorate in efficiency over time. When this occurs, you need to install a new unit you can depend on to perform to fit your needs.
Signs it may be time to install a new system include:
- Your water heater is more than 8 to 10 years old and frequently needs service
- Your faucets only produce cold or lukewarm water
- You regularly deal with inconsistent water temperatures
- Your system produces insufficient amounts of hot water
- You’ve discovered a leak in your current water heater tank or pipes
- You’ve noticed there is a significant reduction in water flow
- The water coming from your faucets has a foul odor or is discolored
- There are strange noises coming from your water pipes
- There is a consistent pool of water around your water heater even after you mop it up
We have the right water heater for you and every other customer we service, and we welcome the opportunity to recommend just the one for you. Call our Baltimore water heater replacement experts today for a free quote.
Extend the Life of Your Water Heater with Regular Maintenance
Manufacturers and plumbers alike recommend preventive maintenance for your water heater and all other household plumbing. An annual whole house plumbing inspection is included in our Service Partner Plan and is just one of the many benefits our members receive.
What is Water Heater Preventative Maintenance?
When your professional plumber is performing water heater preventative maintenance, what is checked? Your plumber will do the following:
- Check the pressure valve
- Look for wear and tear (leaks, rust, and corrosion)
- Drain the tank and clear out any sediment
- Check the anode rod
- Inspect the other various components
Hot water is an easy thing to take for granted. You don’t realize how useful it is until you suddenly find yourself with out it. When you receive water heater service from one of our Baltimore plumbing professionals, you can trust that we will promptly fix your issue so your life can return to normal as quickly as possible.
We Pride Ourselves in Our Workmanship
Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
Experienced and Licensed Plumbers
Red Carpet Treatment Every Time
Safety Precautions Practiced at All Times
Providing Quality Service Since 1984