Water Heater Repair in Baltimore
Experienced Water Heater Services in Baltimore & Harford Counties
What good is a water heater that doesn’t deliver the goods? None at all.
Then again, you already knew that. What you might not know, however, is how to tell that your water heater needs the kind of expert attention you can always expect from Mike’s Plumbing & Heating Service Inc.
Signs Your Water Heating System Is in Need of a Repair
Even the most properly maintained water heating unit will deteriorate over time. While it may be difficult to determine exactly when your unit should receive a repair, there are a few signs every homeowner should be on the look out for.
These are among the leading signs of pending repair or replacement issues:
- Too little or no hot water at all – Don’t panic because it might not be the end of the road. Maybe the system isn’t getting power, or the thermostat has malfunctioned. We’ll figure it out for you in a hurry.
- Loud noises – That could mean your anode rod has broken off and the lower part that’s fallen into the tank is floating around and banging up against the tank’s interior.
- Leaking at the base – Water leaks around the bottom of the tank indicate internal tank corrosion, and that probably means your system needs to be replaced.
- Leaking from the top – A water heater leaking from the top is preferable to one leaking from the bottom. On the other hand, water runs downhill, so failure to fix the leak can lead to more serious problems, including electrical shorts, additional damage to the water heater, and the possibility of damage to drywall or other nearby surfaces.
- Hot water is tinted brown or red – This is a clear sign of internal tank corrosion where rusted metal is mingled with the hot water supply. Internal tank linings cannot be repaired or replaced.
This Is a Job for Mike’s Plumbing & Heating Service Inc.!
You’ll be glad to know that we maintain, and repair all makes of electric, gas, and tankless water heaters. Manufacturers and plumbers alike recommend preventive maintenance for your water heater and all other household plumbing. An annual whole house plumbing inspection is included in our Service Partner Plan and is just one of the many benefits our members receive.
We Pride Ourselves in Our Workmanship
Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
Experienced and Licensed Plumbers
Red Carpet Treatment Every Time
Safety Precautions Practiced at All Times
Providing Quality Service Since 1984